Please email me for contact information.
It is not here due to privacy considerations.
Tempe, AZ 85283
- Obtain a challenging systems administration, programming, or other
technical position which will allow me to add value to my employer and
expand my knowledge and skills.
- WORK HISTORY
- Cavecreek Web Hosting, Phoenix, AZ
System Administrator, February 2006 - Present
- Resolved customer issues via phone and email.
- Installed, upgraded, repaired, and removed hardware as necessary.
- Installed, configured, upgraded, and removed software as necessary.
- Monitored customer, CWIE, CCBill, and internal systems.
- Escalated issues in accordance with procedures as needed.
- Proactively communicated with customers when issues arose.
- DHL USA (via Staffmark), Scottsdale, AZ
Routing Update Support Representative/Subject Matter Expert, August 2005 - February 2006
- Remotely updated on-premises customer computer systems as part of quarterly update project.
- Verbally assisted customers with system updates when remote access was not possible.
- Performed basic troubleshooting of update failures and escalated issues as needed.
- Assisted co-workers with technical issues and questions when requested.
- Prepared shipments of physical media when electronic transmission failed.
- Managed and prioritized multiple incoming work streams.
- AIM Consulting and Computers, Phoenix, AZ
Network Administrator, June 2005 - August 2005
- Supported customers via telephone.
- Made on-site visits for repair, configuration, deliveries, etc.
- Performed troubleshooting and correction of problems.
- Demonstrated actions during telephone support by means of remote-desktop software.
- Installed and configured both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Electronics For Imaging, Inc., Scottsdale, AZ
Systems Support Specialist (ADS), April 2004 - June 2005
- Supported customers with all manner of support requests and issues.
- Audited and monitored systems to prevent problems.
- Researched and resolved difficulties that arose with systems.
- Assisted with identification and isolation of bugs in the product.
- Maintained constant contact with customers regarding request status.
- Documented service calls in detail regarding problem, communication, and resolution.
- CompUSA, Phoenix, AZ
Technician, December 2002 - January 2004
- Diagnosed system problems and performed repairs and upgrades.
- Recommended needed upgrades or services.
- Checked in computer systems for service.
- Assisted customers with problems and questions.
- Contacted customers to give or obtain necessary information.
- Answered phones, scheduled service, etc.
- RelComm Inc., West Berlin, NJ
Systems and Network Administrator, April 2002 - November 2002
- Installed and configured server systems.
- Performed routine administration tasks.
- Customized and modified open-source software for clients.
- Responsible for configuration and day-to-day changes of clients' servers.
- Monitored clients' servers to ensure availability of network services.
- Corrected problems as they arose and proactively worked to prevent problems.
- The Sycamore Group, Fort Washington, PA
Consultant/Developer, November 2000 - October 2001
- Developed a documentation auto-generator for Perl modules.
- Debugged the vwrsp.com web site.
- Implemented new features on the vwrsp.com web site.
- Assisted in the development of functional specifications for enhancements and bugfixes.
- Communicated with the client regarding progress and delays.
- Assisted QA engineer with several aspects of site testing and Quality Assurance.
- Worked and communicated closely with client's employees.
- LinuxForce Inc., Upper Darby, PA
Assistant Systems and Network Administrator, June 2000 - November 2000
- Assisted in forming and writing company policy and procedure.
- Developed security-checking and system-analysis scripts written in Perl and UNIX Shell.
- Performed major software upgrades on client machines both remotely and locally.
- Responsible for the general health, maintenance, and administration of all customers' servers.
- Performed on-site client visits for purposes of hardware diagnosis and related activities.
- Earthstation/Netaxs (now US LEC), Conshohocken, PA
NOC (Network Operations Center) Technician, January 2000 - June 2000
- Monitored the network, diagnosing outages and other problems.
- Provided customer service, including limited diagnostics on customer servers.
- Responsible for one of the two company co-location facilities while on-duty.
- Coordinated between multiple parties for repair of down circuits.
- Acted as remote "eyes-and-hands" liaison for both internal and external customers.
- Performed role of first contact for external customers.
- Maricopa Community Colleges
General core studies in a science/engineering track.
- COMPUTER SKILLS
- Programming languages: UNIX shell (Bourne/bash), Perl
- Programming environments/methods: UNIX command line, CGI, object-oriented, procedural
- Basic working knowledge of SQL
- Operating Environments:
- Linux: Red Hat, Mandrake, SuSE, Debian, and others
- Other UNIX: SCO OpenServer, OpenBSD, and others
- The X Window System (specifically, XFree86 and X.Org)
- Others: MS Windows XP, 2000, 98, 95, 3.1; MS-DOS
- CVS (Concurrent Versions System)
- Knowledgeable of Internet protocols and software, such as IP, TCP, UDP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, SSH, Apache, Sendmail, BIND, and others
- PC hardware; basic familiarity with older Sun SPARC hardware
- A+ Certified Technician